ActiveWords 2.1 is a Free Upgrade for
ActiveWords ENTERPRISE Annual License Holders.
Version 1.95 continues to be available for those ActiveWords
ENTERPRISE Annual License customers who do not wish to upgrade.
Windows 8 and higher requires ActiveWords version 2.0 or
New features in ActiveWords version 2.1 are noted
Those updating from a version 2.0 installation can
simply run the 2.1 installer.
Instructions for those upgrading from version 1.95:
STEP #1 - Uninstall: Use the "Programs" Control Panel
("Add/Remove Programs" on XP) to uninstall ActiveWords 1.95
build if present. The ActiveWords 1.95 user folder
and data is untouched.
STEP #2 - Download and run
the ActiveWords ENTERRISE 2.1 installer. Your existing
license key should be recognized upon starting ActiveWords
ENTERPRISE 2.1. If you receive a startup dialog when ActiveWords
starts then apply the unlocking key information provided with your
most recent purchase receipt.
STEP #3 - Insert 1.95 data: If prompted when ActiveWords ENTERPRISE
2.1 starts, accept the prompt to insert your ActiveWords version
1.95 data. Note that your version 1.95 data is retained. If you
are not prompted locate and double click this file:
Windows Vista, Windows 7,
Windows 8 - "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\ActiveWords\MyProfile.awb"
Windows XP -
"C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application
Note that these folders may be hidden and can be accessed by
opening the Windows "Folder Options" Control Panel and
marking the radio button next to "Show hidden files, folders,
and drives" on the "View" tab of the dialog.
Check out the new features in version 2.1 :
- Ink ActiveWords using the ActiveWords Inkpad in all Windows 8 contexts.
- Use the touch keyboard to enter and trigger ActiveWords in Windows 8.
- Automatic suggestions for new ActiveWords now more reliable.
Check out the new features in version 2.0 :
- Create ActiveWords that substitute Rich Text. See
Create ActiveWords that substitute HTML selections including pictures.
- New floating ActiveWords Icon provides an integrated interface. See
- ActionPad pre-fills as you type to quickly select the ActiveWord you want.
- Assign ActiveWords to Groups. See
- Share ActiveWords you select with others. You can quickly create a WordBase of selected ActiveWords to share with others, or use this feature to create a backup of a subset of your WordBase.
- ActiveWords for files, folders, and programs now use relative paths so they will work when moved between computers with differing paths to key folders such as Documents, Music, and Pictures.
- Associate up to three ActiveWords with each action when you add new items.
- Personalize the key combination that opens the ActionPad.
- Faster performance and bug fixes.
- Added “Sites” as new content for FREE ActiveWords, including over 125 of the most popular US Web sites.
- Add Wizard now includes button to automatically select the “Current” URL active in the Browser. Works with Internet Explorer, Firefox,
Chrome, and Opera.
- Changed <PASSWORD MODE AWMONITOR> scripting command so that it will revert from showing asterisks to actual text as soon as a delimiter or mouse click is seen.
- Added new “Asterisk Monitor Mode” control in the Services tab of the Options dialog to facilitate hiding passwords from being seen. Users can define a 1-3 character string that when
typed will cause the text monitor to immediately start showing asterisks instead of actual text. Monitoring of actual text automatically returns as soon as a delimiter or mouse click is entered. This allows users to add the text string as a routine before typing passwords to be assured passwords will not be echoed in the text monitor. For example, if the defined string is “zz” and a password is “1234567,” entering “zz1234567” will be monitored as “zz*******” with the “zz” being instantly removed before the password is entered and without needing to be triggered as an ActiveWord.
- Added <HIDE SHOW ACTIVEWORDS ICON> scripting command to toggle the AWIcon between visible and hidden.